On Sunday 18th April, churches across Telford & Wrekin will begin a ten-week journey called #doyouknowhimtelford?
During the ten-week period concluding at the end of June, there are many initiatives that people in the area will take part in, and Engage Schools is providing resources for schools and young people through partnerships with groups like Welliart.
Ask Lat Blaylock
On Wednesday, 7th April we have the awesome opportunity to interview RE advisor and Executive member of NATRE, Lat Blaylock, on a recorded Zoom. The interview will be split into three sections, and in each section, we want to ask questions on the subject ‘The Life of Jesus,’ submitted by students from EYFS & KS1, 2 & 3.
Once the interview is complete, it will then be made available for your school, where you’ll be able to access an age-appropriate version hosted by John Prockter.
In the interview, Lat will answer questions and inspire students with creative examples of religious art on the same theme, which you can then use as a springboard for your own creative projects.
To submit your students questions by Wednesday 31st March on the theme: “The Life of Jesus” all you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- The name of your school.
- The name of the student asking the question.
- The question itself.
If a question from one of your students is chosen your school, and the student will be mentioned by name in the lesson.
As well as “The Life of Jesus” interview with Lat Blaylock, we’re also proud to announce an art competition being run in collaboration with WelliArt. WelliArt recently ran successful projects based on Winter Art and Black History Month. This time WelliArt will be assisting us in collating and judging entries with the theme of “The Life of Jesus”. Prizes for the winning entries have been kindly donated by TCT (Telford Christians Together).’
How to Enter
- 19th April – Entry opens for all three categories (EYFS & KS1,2 & 3)
- 21st May – Closing date
- Create a piece of art of any size based on the theme “The Life Jesus”
- You may use any media, e.g. paint, pastels, ink, collage, clay, or even digital, as long as it is your independent work.
- We can only accept a digital image of your work. Please do not send your original work.
- Send your entry completely free to: email@example.com
- Please send your name, age, school and the title of your piece.
- The winners will be announced on the first day of the Summer half term: Monday, 7th June.